Whether traveling by plane or car, packing for a trip with a baby or child can be stressful. First you will need a carry-on size travel diaper bag, and in our guide, we used the TWELVElittle Allure Weekender. Second, list all the basics that your child will need such as diapers, wipes, clothes and food. Lastly, think about what objects help soothe your child, and what kind of activities keep them busy throughout the journey. Follow our packing guide below to make your trip enjoyable for your family and fellow travelers.
1. Diapering basics: Make sure to pack extra diapers and wipes. Also bring any ointments and lotions that are regularly used.
2. First aid kit: Never depend on the airline, and always bring your own thermometer, painkiller, ointments and bandaids. If your child requires special medication, bring extra.
3. Feeding: If you are breast-feeding, you may not need to bring much. But if you are bottle feeding, make sure to bring extra bottles and formula. If you are feeding solids, bring extra food in a variety of choices or make sure your child has a full meal before the flight. If you use a pacifier to soothe the baby, bring extra.
4. Snacks: Depending on the age of your child, it is a good idea to bring lots of snacks incase the flight does not offer the kind of snacks your child likes. Flights are also often delayed and food may not be immediately available.
5. Clothes: Bring extra clothes, and a thin jacket for summer travels is recommended incase the plane is cold. A blanket can also help keep babies warm.
6. Entertainment: Whatever that makes your child entertained, pack them!
Wishing everyone safe travels!